Following the acquisition of property abroad, get to know the country, especially its climate, some owners understand that when you select an object does not pay attention to what you need. Irina from Moscow was not the exception, proximity to the sea are now it does not seem so important factor, but most of it buying never once regretted. Even with the recent fluctuations …
Region: Greece, Halkidiki
Object: house (duplex) 90 m²
Price: € 270,000
Transaction: the primary market, 2008
– Why you have chosen Greece?
– Thinking of buying a house by the sea, because my grandparents lived by the sea, and I wanted to be as a place to rest. My husband and I love to travel the world, but his own house – that’s another matter. At first I was looking options in different countries, including on our Black Sea coast. In the end, we stopped at Greece. Before making a final decision to go on vacation to see with your own eyes.
Most I liked it northern Greece, where climatic conditions are the most pleasant for us: no sweltering heat, very green. By the way, fine cuisine, an Orthodox country, which is close to us in culture. Pluses were many.
– How did you find an agency that helped to choose and buy a house?
– Suggest to friends.
– And you’re not looking on the Internet?
– I look, but somehow did not come across anything interesting. We realized that we need help, consult a specialist. In advance more or less decided in the price range and according to our requirements at the agency, we picked a few options. In spring 2008, we went to Greece, Chalkidiki, choose housing.
– What were the requirements for the house?
– We needed a large house with three bedrooms within walking distance from the beach. Then we thought it necessary. Now I believe that this is not so important. The fact that the car there still need to have – or to rent or buy. Just down the infrastructure of the region without a car there you will not reach anywhere.
– Public transport is not developed?
– Not really. Buses, of course, there is, but there are rare and expensive taxi, it’s a resort area. And attached to the same beach it makes no sense, they are a huge number, and sand and gravel, I would like to visit different. There are quite deserted, but very beautiful, to which no machine can not reach.
– You came to Greece directly with the views or align it with the rest?
– Even though it was during spring break, we took a daughter, but still the main goal was the choice and purchase of property. We were there about a week, three full days spent in the views. Inspected 12 sites. With a realtor we definitely lucky, he took into account all of our requirements, it is suggested that we could go. And finally we found our house.
– Immediately decided to buy it?
– Choose from two options. The first – second homes, the second – from the construction company. My husband and I hesitated for a long time. They were both in the same price range, but the biggest difference was the location. Resellers were of good quality and fully equipped, the owners were even ready to leave us all the furniture. But the second house was comfortable for us is close to the beach, we chose it. Initially, it cost 270,000 euros. At that time, just the crisis began, the market did not immediately react to it, but then we made a discount on equipment at home appliances.
– You used the credit?
– Part of the money taken out a mortgage , which is now still pay. The bank in Halkidiki on our name the account is opened, from which monthly payments are deducted. When we go on vacation, we report on him for money.
– Lodging in the Russian or Greek bank?
– In Moscow office Bank of Cyprus, we have about 50% of the value of our home for 11 years. The bank advised us to realtors.
– It turns out that the loan currency. Against the background of recent events with the ruble, you do not regret that have a mortgage?
– No, it is not clear what would happen next, the rate may change in the opposite direction. A frustrated in advance does not make sense, it is necessary to solve the problems as they come. Payments are, because the money we put into the account in advance, the work is, so to worry about yet.
– To make out a deal as soon as you started in Greece?
– We returned to Moscow and worked with realtors: preparing documents, transfer prepayment, unfortunately, I do not remember the amount. Then the second time we came to Chalkidiki, to make a deal . By the way, in Greece for the transaction are not notaries and lawyers. They are engaged in the preparation and verification of the primary documents the history of the property.
– Tell us about your house, what you liked?
– At the time of selecting the location it was the determining factor. From the windows and terraces offer beautiful colorful view of the sea and surrounding hills. Against the background of such a nature and easy to relax and disconnect from all worries. Not all spa towns have a panoramic view, somewhere excited and narrow gaps between the buildings.
Our settlement unusual – it is specially built for the holiday and is not intended for permanent residence. For the most part, Greeks bought homes there. It is for them something like a garden. Foreigners bit. The construction involved not just a developer and architectural firm, so the village is well planned. Houses stand in the hollow between the hills are not in rows and tiers, gradually descending to the sea. Due to this, no structure is not blocking the other, all offering a view.
We have a duplex, that is half of the big house belongs to us, and behind the wall there are neighbors. But we actually do not see them. The outputs have individual, nobody does not hinder anybody. For privacy, a resident of the metropolis – always a big plus.
– What’s the layout of the house?
– We have a non-traditional layout for Greece. My husband said that we have four poluyarusa. The house stands on a hillside, so the lower part of the sloping structure. Due to this, there is a ground floor (descent – seven steps), the first floor is at ground level, there is a hall, seven steps up – separate kitchen, seven steps – the second floor, where there is a bedroom. It turns out that we have two bedrooms downstairs with bathroom, a living room with a large terrace, where we spend a lot of time, dine and entertain guests, a kitchen with two large terraces overlooking the two sides and the top bedroom terrace. House total area – 90 sq.m. As you can imagine, the rooms are small.
– Situation at home doing yourself?
– In Greece, all the houses are fully decorated, in our case, was also the plumbing and kitchen furniture. As presales house a little updated since it was built a few years ago. As part of the financial concessions we have acquired all the appliances except the washing machine. Buy had only her and furniture. For the first time we bought in Ikeja, and then drove around the city, where they found a lot of stores of furniture and interiors for homes in different price ranges. It is possible to arrange for the amount of € 5,000 and up to infinity.
– How much does the maintenance of housing?
– For the maintenance of swimming pools and grounds maintenance – € 1300 per year, utilities – up to € 500 per year.